Monday, March 9, 2009

THE BOTTOM LINE IS...

...Lemme just paraphrase for you...

Did y'all catch Jimmy Kimmel doing his best Rosie O'Donnell on The View this morning?!?

LOLOL!! Loves it!! The girls have been talking for weeks now about their anticipatory week in LA which kicked off today!! Too bad I had to work.. I soooo would've gone!!


Ugh.. so while I have yet to muster any semblance of interest, feigned or otherwise, in ever watching one scene of the new incarnation of 90210 over on the WB or the CW or whatever they're calling it these days, I was vaguely intrigued when they announced a reimagination of my second to most favorite Aaron Spelling vehicle from the 1990s (behind Models, Inc of course..): Melrose Place, until they announced the most recent casting choice of one Miss Ashley Simpson..

Multiple sources confirm that singer-songwriter-sometime actress Ashlee Simpson has become the latest tenant of The CW’s refurbished Melrose Place. The onetime 7th Heaven star will play small-town girl Violet, a character whose disarming naiveté masks the calculating, shrewd sex kitten within. In other words, the little tramp’s Sydney. Simpson joins a cast that so far includes Katie Cassidy (as ambitious publicist Ella), Michael Rady (as aspiring filmmaker Jonah), and, if there is a God, original Melrose icon Heather Locklear, who would be slipping back into Amanda Woodward’s office microminis. “Both sides are talking,” whispers my Melrose mole of Locklear. “It’s looking good.” Melrose 2.0, which is considered a lock to land a spot on The CW’s fall sked (most likely on Tuesdays after 90210), is being shepherded by Smallville’s Darren Swimmer and Todd Slavkin. Oscar winner Davis Guggenheim (An Inconvenient Truth) has been tapped to direct the pilot. Now for the big question: Did Simpson score the part that Mischa Barton had been circling? My sources tell me no. That means the ex-O.C. siren is in talks to … play straight-arrow med student Lauren or revoltingly sweet schoolteacher Riley.

Blah! I'm sure she's a very nice person but.. Zzzz.. I dunno.. Maybe her acting will prove more satisfying than the crap music she's been putting out all these years, but I really don't think she's got the chops to really sink her teeth into the Sydney role!! I guess we'll just have to wait and see...


So I just gotta send some mad props the way of my friend and not-so-secret crush of late, who I must say, rocks some of the most delectable set of lips (like 2 plump pillows), Wilson Cruz, for continuing to stand up against homophobia and general ignoramousness!!

“Some people had something to say about the fact that I may have been too effeminate or other people in the film may have been too effeminate but I celebrate that fact that we can do that in 2009,” the actor said when we spoke before the screening of Pedro Saturday night at Outfest Fusion 2009 in Hollywood. “I want to see more effeminate men on television and in film. I think there is a lack of that. The more we see effeminate men on screen, the more we can help those young people who are exactly that feel okay about it. And that’s really the whole point of my career.”

“When we as a community start to tear each other down because of the fact that some of the members of our community feel so free and so alive, that they feel they can be whoever they are in public, then we have lost the whole purpose of our movement. The purpose of our movement really is that we as gay men and women be exactly who we are - at all times. And we’re not trying to mask and be something other than that.”

Well said, bb! Besos!!


OK, wait! What is this I hear about Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer performing together in Utah?!?!

And at the McKay Events Center on top of it all?!? Umm... Why was I not notified of this?? I sooo would've flown into town for that!!


So did everybody catch this weekend's fresh ep of The Family Guy?! Peter ended up signing up for medical experiments for money, eventually leading to his being injected with the gay gene. 

ZOMFG, you guys, this ep gave me the LOL's like no other and apparently it's ruffled some Christian feathers out there!! Click here to stream the ep yourself, if you've yet to see it!! Talk about must-see TV!!

No comments: