Thursday, March 19, 2009

So Julia Roberts has come out from hiding to promote her upcoming film Duplicity and earlier this week she stopped by Regis & Kelly.



It's sooo good to have her back in the public eye again. I know she's got her school of haters out there, but I love me some Julia Roberts. I mean the woman's a f*^%ing institution! We're hoping to check out this flick this weekend, and even if the material proves to disappoint, it will be fun to see her back in action.


So how excited are we for some new Reno 911 comin' back at us?!?!

Apparently, they'll be introducing some new officers to the cast. Last time they did that, it didn't really improve much on anything (try as she might, Mary Birdsong is still clearly the weakest, least fully-realized member of the cast) so we'll see if this time around it proves to be an improvement on the original 7.


Did y'all catch Golden Girl alum Betty White on My Name is Earl last night?

Holla!! It's so good to still see her kickin' around doing her thing. I love me some Betty White.


OMG, you guys.. So I think I remember hearing something about my girl Audrina from The Hills landing a role in a feature horror movie and apparently that project moved forward and its trailer has recently made its way to the interwebs. Check out the trailer for the aptly titled Sorority Row below.



Umm.. OK, first of all... MotherF-ing Carrie Fisher is in this movie along side contemporary tabloid sideshows Audrina and Rumer Potato Head Willis??! Clearly, the apocalypse is upon us. And that being said.. I just think I might check this movie out at some point, though it'd have to probably be whilst under the influence of some kind of "mood alterating" substance... Ie booze..


So I'm sure y'all have heard.. Fresh off the totally not surprising news that Amy Winehouse won't be able to enter the country to fulfill her performing duties at Coachella, the yearly musical fest got a major upgrade this week with the annoncement that M.I.A. will be joining the Coachella Saturday lineup in her stead!!

Upgrade!! This totally changes my attitude towards this year's lineup and even gives me half an inkling to head out to Indio to deal with the heat and the trash and the overall unfabulousness to check her out. I dunno... It kinda seems like Coachella has had its day, yes? So I'll prolly pass, but it'll be fun to watch the footage of her performance on the youtubes!!


So the weekend is upon us!! While I loved all of the traveling we were doing the past few months, it's been really nice to be able to spend a string of weekends here in and around LA. This weekend promises to be full of some of the things that remind me why I love living here and making this place my home base. Tonight promises to be crazy as it's the last night to SWALLOW at MJ's, featuring the boys of Randy Blue!!

Tomorrow, we'll be hitting Here lounge for the CD release party of Diva Niki Haris's new track, mixed by local DJ's and boy-toy's the Perry twins. Of course, we hope to hit up Duplicity at some point and besides that we'll just be doin' our damn thang.

That's all.

No comments: