Friday, March 6, 2009

NICE BIG HEAD AND A STICK BODY.


So I think I've just come across what very easily could become our new favorite show!!!
Check out a preview for Fox's new show, Glee, below.



Yes, it's about the glee club in high school! Yes, it's created by the same minds behind Nip/Tuck. Yes, it's ridiculously fabulous and gay! Yes, it will probably get cancelled!


So one of the recent editions of one of our fave rags, DNA magazine, features a great, extensive write up on my company, Atlantis Events! And, needless to say the tranny that wrote it up featured a shot of yours truly, along with bff's Timmy, Garrett and Toddly about to get our asses rocked on a tow-raft in Mykonos..

Holla!! Check out the article here.


So I've been hearing about one of the most recent signs of the looming end of days, the Kindle, for almost a year now, but I just couldn't get myself to get into it. Part of me was put off by the idea of reading without the sensory experience of touch and smell that real, tangible books provide. Part of me, however, was scared I'd like it a little too much and like too many other things in my life, become obnoxiously hooked. Well, I'm happy to report that after downloading the newly available Kindle app on my iPhone, I am hopelessly hooked!! My girl, Jamie, had recommended the intriguingly titled Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs to me a few weeks ago, and I couldn't think of a more appropriate piece of literature to pop my Kindle's cherry.

OK.. So I started this piece of low culture as high culture noshing this weekend while standing in line at various rides at Disneyland. While I'm only 3 chapters in, I have to say I can't think of a work of literature that has so taken over my body and soul since I first discovered Dave Eggers almost 5 years ago. Thanks, Kindle! You've made me literate again ;)


So I've had such a random last few days. Out and about, making my usual rounds through West Hollywood, I have so far run into and been introduced to not just one, but two recent Oscar winners from this year's recent Academy Awards!!

I know!! So random.. First, I got to meet Dustin Lance Black, this year's Oscar winner for Best Screenplay at Fiesta Cantina, which was really a huge honor. I kind of didn't know what to do or say because I kinda have a crush on him and I'm also kind of intimidated by how smart he is! The other night, I also got to meet this year's winner for Best Makeup, Greg Cannom, at Numbers. It was his birthday and I think he was looking for a boy to take home.. You gotta love LA!!

No comments: