Saturday, February 7, 2009

AND NOT THE DOROTHY HAMILL KIND..

So I just had to take a moment out of my weekend to send mad love and congratulations to my dear, my beloved, my favorite actress of our generation, one Miss Claire Danes for the happy news of her engagement to Hugh Dancy (some actor guy who I have to say I really don't recognize from anything..) 

Claire Danes and her British boyfriend, Hugh Dancy, are engaged, her rep confirms to Usmagazine.com. The couple have been inseparable since meeting on the 2007 film Evening. At the NYC premiere of Confessions of a Shopaholic, Dancy explained to Us what he looks for in his perfect girl. He told Us, “Someone who’s intelligent, somebody who makes me laugh. I know people always say a good sense of humor, but they’re usually lying. Somebody who kind of has an independent life and ambition.” Would Dancy — who appears opposite Isla Fisher in Shopaholic — consider making another film with his bride-to-be? “Never say never,” he told Us at the Sundance Film Festival. “There’s no list of people I wouldn’t work with, up to and including Claire. Obviously, I respect her as an actress immensely!” No word yet on when Danes, 29, and Dancy, 33, plan to walk down the aisle.

Oh Claire... A few years back my adolescent self would be heart broken by this news... I used to fantasize throughout high school about marrying Angela Chase but alas, things happen ;) My old self would have followed the development of her relationship with Hugh Dancy down to the very last detail, but as my interests have since broadened, I'm surprised to admit that I had no idea she was even dating anyone of late.  Claire's been no stranger to being put through the public media ringer the past few years (especially due to the choices she makes in her love life), but I still got mad, mad lurrrrve for her and will always be just a little bit biased in her favor towards whatever work or decisions she chooses to pursue.  All the best to the happy couple!


So I also got to send mad props out to Bravo for bringing back one of my favorite shows ever, HBO's original series Taxicab Confessions!!

Do y'all remember this show?? Ooh.. I love the Vegas episodes more than anything.. They bring back a lot of memories (me being in the backseat, not the front, obvz...)  Looking forward to reliving some of them with Bravo.  Loves it!

So it's Saturday and we're having a really hard time pulling it together.  Last night the festivities kind of went a little crazy there towards the end and I think we're definitely paying for it today.  Oh well, we're off to The Grove to contribute to the economy by shopping, eating and catching a 3D version of Coraline, which I've obvz been waaaay excited to see since I first heard about it's development nearly a year ago!  I'm expecting great things!  Holla!

No comments: