Monday, February 9, 2009

LET ME HOLD MY VA-JEAN FIRST..


OK... Chris Brown.. WHAT. THE. FUCK!! The event which will go on to be forever known as ChRhianna drama started to break yesterday afternoon just as everybody should've been revving up for the excitement of the Grammy's and while the night had its highlights (J.Hud earning her first gramaphone... Holla!) This confusing and bewildering incident proved to overshadow the rest of the night.

There's so much that should be said about this. I don't know if we've ever seen something this crazy happen before in the way that it did... Confusing text messages, twitter updates and E! News alerts started popping in as we were enjoying a fun round of charity Bingo hosted by the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence and as everything finally sunk in, we just seemed to be left with more questions.  First off, what the *F* was Chris Brown thinking??!  This whole thing really boggles the mind and I'll leave the rest of the analysis to those who've already spent most of today sounding off on the whole nightmare, but what I will note is that this is officially the end of what was promising to be a long and successful career for a very talented and well-liked young man. I can't imagine anyone in the next 10 years even wanting to approach Chris after what he did to pop music's brightest star. Rihanna's star has been soaring for sometime now and she will clearly come out of this ordeal only shining brighter. But still, this whole thing just sucks! I wanted them to be happy. Who would've ever seen this coming? Maybe those closest to them already saw the signs that it was heading somewhere ugly? Who knows... Talk about Disturbia... :(


So last night Andrew passed out early, so I popped in a Netflix rental that I’ve had on my queue for ages now, a quirky doc known as Plagues and Pleasures on the Salton Sea.

Film legend John Waters narrates this lil joint and adds an extra dimension of quirk to this fascinating study of one of America’s forgotten wonders.


I mentioned this weekend we were heading to The Grove to catch a 3D screening of Coraline. We’d bought the tickets in advance and all was set.. Or so we thought.. We arrived to an absolute mob scene. No signs of recession at The Grove.  The show was sold out and a line was being formed outside with the masses.  Needless to say, our plans ended there on the spot and we decided to swap our tickets for something less… Madhousey.  After much wrangling, we finally settled on Push, which is a movie I would normally never have had the initiative to see on my own accord.  Andrew liked it, had a good time, I was bored to tears and rather lost. Chris Evans was absolute yums as always but putting him opposite Dakota Fanning was just too jarring and weird to buy into. I dunno… Guess I wasn’t in the mood.

I’m already over this week before it’s begun. Bleh. Is it summer yet?

No comments: