Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'M A PIRATE..

Eww.. So what's going on with Hilary Duff these days??

Sounds like somebody needs to learn their place.  Bitch, until queens are reenacting your iconic film roles word for word in gay bars across this great land, you better keep yo' mouth shut! Team Faye!


O.M.G. you guys.. Sometimes I see a viral clip pop up over and over again online but never take the time to watch it because it just doesn't call my attention.  After hearing about this clip over and over again throughout the day, I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about and W.O.W!!  This is one of the most amazing viral clips ever.



Oh the poor dear... "Is this gonna last forever?!" Oh sweety.. We've all been there..


So every season of Top Chef, there's usually at least one chef that kinda tickles my fancy and this season has proven not to disappoint with the advent of Italian Stallion Fabio.


Le sigh.. "If they give me a monkey ass to fill with a fried banana, it's not a problem.." Oh, the accent!!  He could cook for me any time.. And while we're on the topic, I love how quality this show has maintained itself.  This last week's Super Bowl theme ep was one of the most innovative and creative ep they've had recently.


So I'm feverishly trying to catch up with my awards-buzz movie viewing and last night, as Andrew was out of town, I snagged Timmy and dragged him along to view the luminescent Anne Hathaway in Rachel Getting Married.

So I was going to go into great lengths about this flick, but as I have ten gazillion other things to do today, I'll try to be brief.  Clearly, this film is all about Anne and her performance, her growth as an actress, her exclaiming from the roof tops of "Yes, I was a cute, family friendly Disney tween but look at me now! I've shown my tits more than once on screen. I am a serious actress, godammit!"  And honestly, she is stunning, mesmeric, fine tuned, gripping, the list goes on.. The film as a whole, however, proves not as satisfying and at times even grates at the nerves (no thanks to the obnoxiously present diagetic inclusion of ambiental violin and lute strumming throughout the majority of the movie).  In the end, there were things I liked (overall, what it was trying to do) and things that really got on my nerves (self involved, wealthy straight people all so proud of themselves yet fascinatingly unhappy and angsty about everything is not one of my favorite themes).  And of course, a lot of the third act (the getting married) proved to be a struggle to stay awake.  I usually never criticize a movie for being too long, but when the thematic study of an issue is overly examined, down to every last nuance and detail.. Well then, I do start to feel like, "OK, I get it" and want nothing more than to simply move on. (B-)

This week promises to be work, work, work, errands, errands and more errands.  Hopefully I'll be able to knock off a few more movies from my list though, as Andrew's out of town and there ain't much else I feel like doing.

That's all.

No comments: