Thursday, February 5, 2009

THE 'Os and 'O'NTs OF DIETING..


So I have to say, I had the best spontaneous soundtrack to my drive into work today.  It was like the DJ was programming my commute specifically for me.  The sun was still shining at that point and as I pulled out of my driveway, the mood was set with what's become my song of the week, Eminem's Crack a Bottle, following right on the heels of that sexy-good-time jam, they threw on the high-larious Blame it on the Alcohol by Busta Rhymes featuring Lil Wayne, an unequivocal declaration that 106.7 FM was looking to party this Thursday, as if it couldn't get any better, I was elevated to a whole other plain as they pumped into that immediately recognizable intro to one of the most iconic songs of 2008, TI and Rihanna's Live Your Life.  And then, as if the DJ just had to make sure I knew what was up, he went and threw down the j'amazing LMFAO (I'm in LA Trick) which is always sure to brighten my day.  And finally, as I was pulling into our garage, DJ brought me back down to earth with my obsession of the moment, Beyonce's ethereally phenomenal Halo, which I ultimately stayed and took in til the end in my parking space.  I've felt the *F* out of this song before, but this morning, it just really struck a chord.  I do declare, if you are looking to party, put this mix on, crack a bottle, and get ur Friday started right ;)


On the other hand, sad news today regarding one of the Supreme Court's last liberal bastions, the ferosh Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

"U. S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had surgery for an apparently early-stage pancreatic cancer today, at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. According to Dr. Murray Brennan, the attending surgeon, Justice Ginsburg will likely remain in the hospital approximately 7-10 days. Justice Ginsburg had no symptoms prior to the incidental discovery of the lesion during a routine annual check-up in late January at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. A Computerized Axial Tomography (CAT) Scan revealed a small tumor, approximately 1 cm across, in the center of the pancreas. Justice Ginsburg is 75 years old. She was appointed to the Court in 1993 by President Clinton."

Based on her votes, Ginsburg is considered one of the Court's more liberal justices. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.


Eww.. Something must be going on in the water these days.. As if that Faye Dunaway-Hilary Duff dramz wasn't enough..  Along comes Etta James sounding a cracked-out mess!  Have y'all heard about this bullshizz??



This time around, I have to say, I am hands down on the opposite side of this generational struggle.  I understand that Etta James comes out of the Motown days and was severely underpaid and has had to struggle her whole career to stay afloat and it probably appears that Beyonce's been handed everything on a silver platter but bitter never looked good on anyone... Poor thing.  Team Beyonce!!


So kudos must go out to James Franco, this year's recipient of the Hasty Pudding award    from Harvard!

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — James Franco, who won recent acclaim for playing both a goofy pot dealer and Harvey Milk's lover, has been named Harvard's Hasty Pudding Man of the Year.

Franco will receive the award at a roast Feb. 13 by the Hasty Pudding _ the nation's oldest undergraduate drama troupe.

The 31-year-old actor was nominated for a Golden Globe for his supporting role in "Pineapple Express" and starred opposite Sean Penn in "Milk." He has appeared in TV's "Freaks and Geeks" and the "Spider Man" trilogy and portrayed James Dean in the TNT biopic.


Renee Zellweger will be honored as the Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year on Thursday, which is a little more mystifying of a choice. I mean I love me my Renee, and I have had to defend her before, but let's be honest.. She hasn't really been up to much this past year. Oh well, kudos her too!


OMG. So did you guys here that M.I.A. plans to perform live at this year's Grammy's despite the fact that this year's show will be held on her due date??

OK, now this is one hardcore bitch! And like I needed anymore reasons to lurve her. Best of luck, bb! Hope your water don't pop whilst you on the stage!

I've been lucky to have some free time this week as Andrew's been out of town and I haven't felt like doing much else after work besides the gym lately, so I'm continuing to catch up with all the buzzy flix that have come out recently.  Anyway, tonight it's raining cats and dogs and after the gym, I have the ambitious goal of taking in both The Wrestler and The Bicurious Case of Benjamin Bottom (oh wait.. That's for after the movie when I get home..) at the Arclight.  Twill let you know what I think ;)

That's all.

No comments: